Our Commitment to Privacy
At Calhoun County Electric Cooperative, confidentiality is very important to us. As we continue to improve and expand our services and delivery channels, we recognize our customers’ need and desire to preserve their privacy and confidentiality. Calhoun County Electric Cooperative recognizes the trust you have placed in us and are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customer’s information. The following policy affirms our continued commitment to preserving customer confidentiality.
The Information We Collect
We receive and retain information about our customers through many sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
• Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others; and
• Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency.
The Way We Use Information
We limit the use and collection of nonpublic personal information to that which is necessary to maintain and administer financial services. We do not share this information with outside parties unless:
• The information is provided to help complete a customer-initiated transaction (such as credit reporting agencies, document processing companies, etc.);
• The customer has requested it;
• The disclosure is required by law (e.g., subpoena, investigation of fraudulent activity, etc.); or
• The disclosure is required by banking regulation (e.g., Fair Lending Reporting Act, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act).
Limiting Employee Access To Information
Calhoun County Electric Cooperative limits employee access to customer information to those with a business reason for knowing such information. All of our employees are educated on the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy. Any employee that violates the financial privacy of our customers will be subject to appropriate disciplinary measures and possible termination.
Protection of Information via Established Security Procedures
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information.
Maintaining Accurate Information
We have established procedures so that our customers’ financial information is accurate, current, and complete in accordance with reasonable commercial standards. Calhoun County Electric Cooperative will respond to requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner. At Calhoun County Electric Cooperative, we value our customer relationships. We want you to understand how we use the information you provide and our commitment to ensuring your personal privacy.
If you have any questions about how Calhoun County Electric Cooperative protects your information, please contact us at 712-297-7112 or toll free at 800-821-4879. You can also contact us by e-mail email@example.com.